Why does this document exist? Simply put, so you know what is expected of you when performing the role of a Cloud Partnership Manager.
The vision of the Cloud Practice is to support existing clients, enable company growth and seek interesting and diverse projects for our team. We see developing great partnerships as key to delivering on this vision and it's vital to our continued success that we have consultants who have specific skills and experience around managing partnerships.
This role is usually carried out by those at career level CL8 Senior and above.
What is the key aim of this role
The Cloud Partnership Manager role is to manage the relationships with each of our Cloud partners and to liaise with clients and IW internally to make sure we're getting the best out of these relationships for everyone concerned.
Where will I be based?
The role is company wide, so you will need to make regular time for each regional office. You will also need to travel to meet partners in different locations. Your main location can be any of the IW offices.
How much do I need to know about Cloud?
You will need to have an understanding of Cloud technologies and make an effort to further your development in this area, including having a high level view of the different technical offerings of each Cloud partner. This is so you can steer conversations with partners where needed and involve the wider Infinity Works team at the right points.
What are the key relationships?
You will work regularly with all the Business Development Directors but report to the Leeds Business Development Director.
You'll also work closely with Engineering Practice Leads (EPLs) to get their help and input in what's right for clients and IW.
Working closely with the Business Development Directors, Cloud partners and business partnerships, you will be enthusiastic and innovative in delivering quality commercial offerings for our clients. You will be working with multiple Cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud, with a view to extending this network further.
Cloud Partnership Manager specifics
The specifics of how you will manage Cloud partnerships has been split into the below sections. This list is not exhaustive and we see areas of focus changing in line with evolving opportunities.
Partnerships and business relationships
- You will build and maintain a network of contacts across Cloud partners, and at a senior level within client accounts
- Seek opportunities to promote IW within your networks, presenting a clear view of our skills and experience
- Establish IW within both the Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud partner networks, whilst improving on existing status within AWS
- Ensure IW remain compliant with all partnership requirements set by Cloud vendors
- Drive the company towards obtaining relevant vendor competencies and to increasing partner status
- Knowledgeable about event sponsorship opportunities within Cloud
- Take responsibility for implementing Cloud service offerings, working with and assisting regional offices where needed
- Ensure the wider team has access to relevant and up to date information on the Cloud service offerings
- Provide guidance on the commercial and legal side of engagements
- Ensure IW meets service offering quotas as set by Cloud vendors and provide reporting on this
- Work with the regional teams to signpost clients to the most suitable offering for their needs
- Ensure Cloud service offerings are clearly detailed in IW marketing material
Best for client
- You will enable teams to access Cloud vendor technical help in order to meet client deliverables, such as access to feature roadmaps and previews
- Ensure IW teams are proactive in applying for Cloud partner benefits to pass on to their clients, one example is AWS migration funding credits for suitable projects
- You will work with the regional boards and commercial teams to ensure they have the information and knowledge they need in order to support the objectives of the Cloud Practice
- You will support the wider IW teams with guidance on certification study routes
Organisation and communication
- You will develop and communicate a Cloud Practice roadmap, seeking feedback and allowing other business areas to plan ahead
- Regularly communicating with the Business Development Directors and gaining their input will be essential
- You will regularly speak with regional boards and Engineering Practice Leads, they will be key people to enable you to achieve your goals and meet your responsibilities
- Develop and circulate regular reporting for the Exec and regional boards
- Share Cloud Practice updates with the wider IW team
You'll carry out your role in accordance with the requirements of ISO9001 and ISO27001 as reflected in the Company's policies and procedures and the ISO9001 and ISO27001 organisational structure charts.